Who Is Athens?
We opened our doors in 1952. In 1968 Don Jenkins and Bud Chamberlain purchased the company. Together, these entrepreneurs built one of the largest privately-owned distributors in the Southeast. Bud Chamberlain passed on in 2005, but Don Jenkins remains active in the business and continues to serve as the chairman of the board.
Athens is headquartered in Nashville. Our 14 distribution hubs serve 16 states. Each year, our trucks travel over 3 million miles to serve customers in three key areas:
- Paper: Offset and digital printing papers, envelopes and solutions for publishers.
- Wide Format: We represent HP and other well-known manufacturers as an equipment dealer and also provide supplies, substrates, and technical support
- Packaging: Equipment, supplies and supply chain management solutions to increase productivity and profit for our customers
Industry groups we support include:
- National Paper Trade Association (NPTA)
- Printing Industry Association of the South (PIAS)
- Printing Industry of the Carolinas (PICA)
- Printing & Imaging Association of Georgia (PIAG)
- Specialty Graphics Imaging Association (SGIA)
Athens is also a member of NetPrint, a specialized division of Network Services. NetPrint is an organization of seven market-leading regional printing paper merchants with more than 115 locations in the United States and Canada. NetPrint combines strong centralized programs with customized local service to meet and exceed the needs of customers with multiple printing facilities.
At Athens, handshakes count and hard work matters. With well-stocked warehouses, online ordering, and over 10,000 products, you get what you need when you need it. Count on us to work hard to earn your trust and your business.
Our company works to preserve and sustain our planet’s natural resources.
All divisions are:
- Chain of Custody Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®)
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI®) Certified