HP’s New Flatbed Technology Offers Latex Ink Advantages
The revolutionary HP Latex R2000 98” Hybrid Flatbed printer has the ability to print on a wide variety of media at greater speeds and higher quality than has been available before. This new printer runs latex ink, providing a wide range of advantages when compared to UV inks. The R2000 features newly formulated inks with a wider color gamut, designed to work equally well on both flexible and rigid media, while providing an excellent color match between substrates.
Compared to UV inks, latex inks:
- Are flexible and will stretch around curves
- Won’t chip during routing
- Lay down a smooth level surface for higher quality prints
- Preserve the look and feel of the media, particularly canvas and wallpaper
- Work on all substrates without the need for drying primers or enhancers
- Latex inks are water based, odor free and environmentally friendly
Flexible latex inks go over rough surfaces and around curved edges. The R2000 features an expanded color gamut, and a clear overcoat to boost scratch resistance and decrease the need for an over-laminate. The reformulated white ink is whiter and more opaque than previous inks. For the first time latex and white ink can be used in combination on both rigid substrates and flexible media, opening up new applications for additional revenue. Theaddition of a recirculating white ink system eliminates the need for purging and agitation, speeding up production while reducing waste.